Friday, March 9, 2012

Roadtrippin'

Tomorrow evening on embark on my first real roadtripping experience. Sure, I've been on countless family vacations, but at the time, the driving part of those seemed closer to torture than a fun, bonding time like no other. After having plans to go to Daytona Beach as part of a larger group, a friend and I decided to throw caution to the wind and make the drive to Miami ourselves. Actually, I'm still hedging my bets to see this pulls through as he is notorious for flaking last minute! However, the plan is to leave late tomorrow evening and drive through the night to Myrtle Beach. In an effort on my part to prevent us from killing each other due to 14 hours of silence (or rather kill him me for talking too much!), I spent several hours perfecting a playlist for our listening pleasure.

I believe the perfect playlist should listen like a conversation. It should start low, calm, and grow from there, swelling to a peak, and slowing dying out. By no means should it just be a random compilation of songs. For this reason I spend hours not only carefully selecting the music, but also organizing the order. A sampling is below, but unfortunately, some of the songs I'm most excited about could not be added there. Those can be found on Marc Johnce's website - he is an amazing mashup artist that I cannot get enough of! Seriously, check it out!

Other than that, I'm just trying to rest up and get ready for the long drive - and psych myself up for the fact that not only is this my first road trip, we've only reserved a hotel for one night out of the 8 we plan to be gone. We've packed a tent, sleeping bags, a cooler with plenty of alcohol, bathing suits, and not much else! Wish us luck!


**Edit: turns out my car doesn't play MP3 CDs, so I had to trim the list to fit it on 2. Sad.**




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


2 comments:

  1. FUN! what a great early spring idea!!! HAVE A BLAST!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing post :)
    I really love it!

    bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete